Love Local Day 2021
We're celebrating Love Local Day on the 14th February 2021 and we would love for you to get behind our campaign!
There may be many reasons as to why you love to come into our town centre. Maybe it's to shop, grab a coffee, enjoy a bite to eat or meet up with friends and family (let's hope so soon!). Whatever the reason, please help to spread the word. Remember use it or lose it.
So please Love Where You Shop and Support Your Community by enjoying the town centre with its great choice of retailers and businesses including 100s of independents, popular national brands and household names, arc shopping centre and regular markets.
Why should I love local businesses?
- Local businesses add character - they bring originality and individuality, and you can often get items made locally that are not available elsewhere
- Local spending boosts the local economy.
- Local businesses help to create local jobs.
- You are likely to receive better, more personalised customer service from people who know your name and your personal tastes and interests.
- They can create a healthier high street as local shops often source their goods locally, also helping to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Local businesses help build strong local communities by allowing you to build personal relationships with the local shop.
- We have local family-owned independent businesses like Sneezums (est. 1874) trading in Bury for nearly 150 years and Denny Bros (est. 1945) for 76 years, as well as national brands like M&S (est. 1884), Next, Boots (est. 1849) and other popular high street household names that have been part of our town centre for decades.
- A new place promotions app in collaboration with LoyalFree (available to download for free on the App Store or Google Play) to bring you the latest local promotions, deals, offers, events, trails and more...
- A Bury St Edmunds Gift Card - a great way to support local businesses by keeping the spend local. It can be used in over 50 town centre businesses including online for many.
- Shop local for your loved one by shopping online with a local business.
- Treat your special person to a takeaway by ordering a meal, wine and maybe a cocktail from a local restaurant.
- Make your high street or market the first stop when choosing a unique card or gift.
- Buy a gift card or voucher and 'Pay It Forward' by repaying a kindness recived with a good deed to someone else!
- This competition is being run by Our Bury St Edmunds Business Improvement District, whose registered office is 2nd Floor, 2 Woolhall Street, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 1LA.
- By entering this competition, the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and giving their permission for their entry to be used for publicity purposes.
- The winner of the gift card will be randomly selected from all competition entires.
- The Our Bury St Edmunds gift card may not be exchanged for cash.
- The opening date for this competition is Monday the 12th April 2021 at 13:00 GMT.
- The closing date for this competition is Friday 16th April at 12:00 GMT. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is neccessary to enter or win.
- To enter the competition, leave a comment on the competition Facebook post describing one reason why Bury St Edmunds town centre is a wonderful place to visit.
- This competition is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition will be directed to Our Bury St Edmunds.
- Our Bury St Edmunds reserves the right to disqualify any entry that violates the terms and conditions of the competition at their discretion.