There may be many reasons as to why you love to come into our town centre. Maybe it's to shop, grab a coffee, enjoy a bite to eat or meet up with friends and family (let's hope so soon!). Whatever the reason, please help to spread the word. Remember use it or lose it.
So please Love Where You Shop and Support Your Community by enjoying the town centre with its great choice of retailers and businesses including 100’s of independents, popular national brands and household names, arc shopping centre and regular markets.
Why should I love local businesses?
- Local businesses add character - they bring originality and individuality, and you can often get items made locally that are not available elsewhere.
- Local spending boosts the local economy.
- Local businesses help to create local jobs.
- You are likely to receive better, more personalised customer service from people who know your name and your personal tastes and interests.
- They can create a healthier high street as local shops often source their goods locally, also helping to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Local businesses help build strong local communities by allowing you to build personal relationships with the local shop.
- We have local family-owned independent businesses like Sneezums (est. 1874) trading in Bury for nearly 150 years and Denny Bros (est. 1945) for 76 years and national brands like M & S (est. 1884), Next, Boots (est. 1849) and other popular High St household names that have been part of our town centre for decades.
Over the coming months we will be launching brand-new initiatives and below are two examples of what we recently introduced:
- A new place promotions app in collaboration with LoyalFree (available to download for free on the App Store or Google Play) to bring you the latest local promotions, deals, offers, events, trails and more...
- A Bury St Edmunds Gift Card - a great way to support local businesses by keeping the spend local. It can be used in over 50 town centre businesses including online for many.
How can I get involved?
You can help raise awareness by sharing your love of local businesses on social media, leaving a positive review, and interacting with their posts.
You could also:
- Shop local for your loved one by shopping online with a local business.
- Treat your special person to a takeaway by ordering a meal, wine and maybe a cocktail from a local restaurant.
- Make your high street or market the first stop when choosing a unique card or gift.
- Buy a gift card or voucher and 'Pay It Forward' by repaying a kindness received with a good deed to someone else!