THE SUN IS SHINING...
Posted on Friday, 8th August, 2014 by Jessica Smith
The sun is shining here in Ourburystedmunds which can only mean one thing; that the schools are out and summer is officially here, and I can tell you that don’t we know it in the office! Following on from the success of the Independents Day Fayre and recent Test Town visit its all systems go for us all in preparation for the Food and Drink festival!
With many families opting for a ‘staycation’ this year here in the office we have come up with 10 great reasons why you should take your vacation here in Bury St Edmunds
- 1) With the Arc, Buttermarket, Cornhill and too many other streets for us to list, Ourburystedmunds is not short of shops, so with the money you are saving by not going away why not indulge yourself in a new wardrobe or that pair of shoes you wanted!
- 2) And if mainstream shops aren’t your thing why not head to one of our independent shops which no one can dispute that we have a variety of and pick up some delightful new treats for yourself and your home!
- 3) With over 50 different places to eat why not pop in town for a relaxing lunch or turn that lunch into a dinner and follow it up with evening cocktails in one of our cocktail bars
- 4) Or if you have little ones to entertain why not head on down to the Abbey Gardens (stopping off for an ice-cream on the way of course), a perfect location for the little (and big) kids in your life to run off any extra energy they may have!
- 5) And if the Abbey Gardens just isn’t cutting it for you why not head to the Ourburystedmunds Beach located in Charter Square this bank holiday weekend that we are pleased to announce is back for the Food and Drinks Festival for two days only on the 24th and 25th August!
- 6) Or just come and visit the Food and Drinks Festival, with an array of different stalls selling local and world food what better excuse do you need to head into town, sample the food, washing it down with a pint of local beer and to finish it off try an amazing fruit pot covered in chocolate (that we can vouch are AMAZING)!
- 7) One thing we can’t guarantee is that the sun will shine for the whole of summer but on those annoying British summer days when it does rain, why not head to one of the two cinema’s Ourburystedmunds has to offer and have a catch up with your favourite movie stars over a bag of popcorn!
- 8) Or if you prefer to see the acting in real life, head to the Theatre Royal and see some of your favourite novels brought to life.
- 9) Did we mention the beach?
- 10) And finally if your staycation has all been too much for you and you’re in need of a little you time and relaxation, why not sample an Indian head massage, or treat yourself to a new hair cut or set of nails at one of our many beauty salons?
This is the ten reasons why we believe Bury St Edmunds is the perfect location for your summer break, but what do you think? Get in touch and let us know what you enjoy about Ourburystedmunds in the summer!