Events are key to bringing new visitors into the town and the team at Our Bury St Edmunds are always at the forefront of many major events that have taken place in the town centre over the last few years. The BID team are always coming up with new events and ideas and this year there are many events to look forward to.
For more information about the festivals and events, click here.
Please find our member resources below for each of our events:
#LoveLocal Day 2021
We're celebrating #LoveLocalDay on 14th February 2021. This day is dedicated to celebrating and spreading love to all of our local businesses that make Bury St Edmunds a wonderful place to live. It also marks the day we will be officially launching our longer term #LoveLocal campaign, where over the coming months we will be highlighting and promoting the benefits and importance of shopping local and supporting local businesses. Below are a few points that we will be highlighting as we encourage local people to get involved along with some quotes. Please feel free to use these in your social media feeds along with the infographics below as you wish.
Benefits of Supporting Local Businesses
- Local businesses add character and bring originality and individuality to our town centre. They often get items made locally that are not available elsewhere.
- Local spending boosts the local economy.
- Local businesses help create local jobs.
- You are likely to receive better, more personalised customer service from people who know your name and your personal tastes and interests.
- They can create a healthier high street as local shops often source their goods locally, also helping to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Local businesses also help build strong local communities by allowing you to build personal relationship with the local shop.
- We have local family-owned independent businesses like Sneezums (est. 1874) trading in Bury for nearly 150 years and Denny Bros (est. 1945) for 76 years, as well as national brands like M&S (est. 1884) Next, Boots (est. 1849) and other popular high street household names that have been a part of our town centre for decades.
- As well as showing your partner, friends and family some love this Valentine's Day, remember to show your local community some love too
- Today is #LoveLocalDay and we are urging the people of Bury St Edmunds to show your support for local businesses during this time
- To celebrate our local high street, markets and dedicated businesses who work hard to source and supply convenience with fresh produce, gifts and services on our doorstep we want to spread the love with them this Valentine's Day and throughout our campaign
- We feel they should have the recognition they deserve - so we are claiming Valentine's Day as the day for us all to appreciate local businesses and where we live and work! We are renaming the 14th of February Love Local Day
- Shopping local for your loved one
- Treat your special person to a takeaway by ordering a meal, wine and maybe a cocktail from a local restaurant
- Make your high street or market the first stop when choosing a unique card or gift
- Buy a gift card or voucher and 'Pay It Forward' by repaying a kindness received with a good deed to someone else
- Shop local and visit local businesses' online shop
- Like and share or write a positive review on social media
- Helping raise awareness by sharing the local love on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, possibly sharing a favourite image
We've created some social graphics below that you can use to join in the celebrations with us.
Love Local Day (Facebook and Instagram) download here
Love Local Day (Twitter) download here
Positive reviews (Facebook and Instagram) download here
Positive reviews (Twitter) download here
Gift card (Facebook and Instagram) download here
Gift card (Twitter) download here
Online shop (Facebook and Instagram) download here
Online shop (Twitter) download here
Order in (Facebook and Instagram) download here
Order in (Twitter) download here
Independents Week 2020
This year we are celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Our Bury St Edmunds Independents Week, and this year independent businesses need your support more than ever!
We've created some social media imagery which our members are free to use as they wish on social media.
To download a Facebook header, click here
To download a Twitter header, click here
Below are a list of square graphics which can be used on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram:
Independents Week 2020, download here
Spending a few pounds with an independent... download here
2020 marks the 10th year for Independents Week download here
59% of our businesses are independent, download here
For every £1 spent download here
Every street download here
80 independent market stalls download here
Independents offer... download here
Choose independents because download here
Independents add... download here
Let us know why you love independents download here