Top 5 things to do in Bury St Edmunds this Christmas
Posted on Friday, 23rd October, 2015
This Christmas we’ve got a great collection of events for you to enjoy when you visit Bury St Edmunds. We’ve handpicked the top five things to do in Bury St Edmunds this festive season.
- The Bury St Edmunds lights switch on marks the start of Christmas in the town. Commencing at 2pm on Thursday 19th November, the switch on will be the opportunity for you to browse stalls, try seasonal delights and watch in awe as the town lights up for the Christmas period.
- The Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre has to be one of the biggest events in the town’s calendar. Running over four days from Thursday 26th November, the Fayre is the perfect place to buy lots of festive treats, gifts for loved ones and to get in the spirit.
- Our Bury St Edmunds will be bringing the first real ice skating rink to the town this year from 5th December. Located in the arc Shopping Centre, the skating rink will be at the heart of festivities for all to enjoy until 3rd January 2016.
- The Theatre Royal never disappoints with its traditional family pantomime. And this year, you can expect even more laughs, magic and music as Jack and the Beanstalk comes to town this Christmas.
- This year we’ve welcomed Pandora, Neptune and Dapper Fox, to name a few, to the shopping streets of the town. If you’re planning a visit to Bury St Edmunds for a spot of Christmas shopping, take a look at our business pages to discover the best places to find your loved ones gifts this Christmas. Plus, don’t forget FREE parking after 3pm on all Tuesdays.
If you’d like to discover more about what’s on in Bury St Edmunds this Christmas, check out our festivals page here or follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up-to-date with local events, activities and things to do.