St John's Church & The Centre, Bury St. Edmunds
St John's Church & The Centre
St John’s is an Anglican catholic church with a clearly affirming and inclusive approach. The church is located in St John’s Street, and was built in 1841.
We welcome a wide mixture of ages and backgrounds into our welcoming and friendly community. Our main Sunday service is the Parish Mass at 11.00am, where music is enhanced by the recently restored organ and an accomplished organist. Laying on of hands and anointing for healing is available at the end of the service each Sunday.
A range of other services takes place throughout the week, including Eucharists on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Children can receive Holy Communion before confirmation, after proper preparation.
The sacrament is reserved and the church is open every day for those who want time and space to pray and think.
The church is an active supporter of Children in Distress, Town Pastors, Christian Aid, Us, The Children's Society and several other charities.
The Centre next door to St John’s church is available for hire. It hosts the Just Traid shop, a community café and a growing number of community activities and groups.